Top 11 Best proven tips for having a proper sleep/Deep sleep.Tips for increasing melatonin secretion.Best foods for sleep.
Sleep is a very important part of our life. Having improper sleep can cause many mental and physical health problems. Mainly the reason for improper sleep is stress than comes trauma, change in circadian rhythm, the problem in the secretion of the hormone melatonin,..etc this reason can cause many harmful sleep disorders such as insomnia, sleep apnea, etc.
world sleep day – 19 March ( It was announced for better prevention and management of sleep disorders.)
Lack of sleep has many simple and adverse effects on the body some effects are weight gain, lower sex drive, depression, weak immune system, anxiety..etc, and some adverse effects of improper sleep are high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke, diabetes, memory loss..etc.
Trying to sleep at night but you can’t sleep that watch this( If it’s helps than leave a comment please).
Here are 11 proven ways that will help you to get a proper sleep/good sleep
1. Have a consistent/ Fix sleeping schedule.
- Research suggests that having a regular sleeping schedule can help our body to make a 24-hrs-rhythm, which can help us to fall asleep and wake up more easily.
- The best sleeping time/bedtime for adults is between 10:00 to 11:00 p.m and for others, it is 9:00 to 10:00 p.m, but it is necessary to have 7-8 hours of sleep.
- Irregularity in time of sleep can give you trouble while sleep i.e improper sleep, which may lead to several health problems.
2. Expose your body to sunlight this can help you in getting proper sleep.
- Is it so? Yes, it is true scientist says that exposure of the body to sunlight helps in secretion of a hormone called serotonin which is associated with freshness, focus, and calmness. while in dark/night our body secreted melatonin which is responsible for sleep.
- As the above answer doesn’t provide any sense but it is true, a person suffering from circadian rhythms disorder suffers from improper sleep for maintaining rhythm secretion of hormone serotonin plays an important role.
- It’s best to spend between 30 and 45 minutes getting direct sunlight exposure to your body ( especially in the morning).
3. Make your bedroom environment conducive to sleep.
- The best temperature for sleeping is 19-21 degrees i.e cool temperature. ( while sleeping our body temperature goes on decreasing normally, hence a cool room temperature helps our body to decrease or make our body cool( up to a limit) fastly i.e we feel relaxed and get proper sleep.)
- Darkroom( light off.) The absence of light stimulates or helps our body to secrete the hormone melatonin (sleep hormone).
- Scents(Aromatherapy). Some scents help us feel relaxed which makes it easier to fall asleep and have a well-rested feeling the next day. scents such as sandalwood, lavender, lemon, vanilla, marjoram, Chamomile, etc.
- The best materials to be used on a bed for proper sleep are cotton and linen.
- keep your room silent/quiet.
4. Taking a mild/hot water shower.
- Having a mild/hot water shower or just washing your feet before 2 hours of sleep helps you to feel relax and provide proper sleep.
- How does it work? having a shower helps a body in lowering the body temperature which helps our brain telling its bedtime, as lowering in temperature stimulates the brain to release the hormone melatonin.
- Don’t take cold water shower it just work opposite to warm water,i.e it will increase body temperature which will lead to improper sleep.
5. Restrict your bed for two activities only.
- Many insomnia sleep training course suggests that use your bed only for sleep and sex.
- Using your bed for other activities can make your sleep more challenging.
- For explaining this here are the examples, when you are at the dining table your mind will think about food, when you are in the car you will think about driving similarly when you are in bed your mind will think about sleep and s…
Also Read : 🔞Does masturburation causes pimple?🤔
6. Avoid the use of excessive caffeine (improper sleep).
- Avoid drinking caffeine-rich fluids(tea, coffee, soda, etc) in excessive amounts and before going to sleep.
- How does it work? As work of caffeine is to make our body alert and fresh by increasing adrenaline production and blocking sleep-inducing chemicals in the brain. Excess of caffeine i.e more than 400mg can have adverse side effects on the body.
- If you are addicted then try to drink these fluids before 4-5 hours of sleep. ( As caffeine shows it affects up to 4 hours.)
Also Read: Side effects of drinking tea and coffee...☕🍵
7. Avoid nap( short-term sleep😴)
- Any time nap/sleep can lead to improper sleep at night as it disturbs our body rhythm.
- The best time for a nap is after the afternoon lunch, which to your nap should be of 20 – 30 minutes. A longer nap(2-3 hrs) can fall you asleep at night.
- Generally, a short time nap does not affect night sleep. but a person suffering from insomnia or any other sleeping disorder can be affected by a short nap.
8. Avoid excessive alcohol and smoking.
- Alcohol: It is said that limited alcohol helps us feel relaxed and sleepiness. Excessive alcohol drinking can also show the same symptoms but it is said that this sleep is not a good quality sleep( mainly it increases the level of wakefulness at the night).
- The University of Virginia tells that never leave a toxic person alone to sleep because alcohol content can continue to rise after a person stops drinking, and the person can choke, slip into a coma, or may stop breathing.
- Smoking: A cigarette contains a drug known as nicotine which helps us in feeling alert, less-depressed, fresh, calm, etc.
- A smoker can raise the risk of developing sleep conditions such as sleep apnea.
- Researcher says that mainly patient with the sleeping disorder (insomnia) are addicted to smoking.
Recommended for you: 🚭Deadly effects of smoking on your body….😲
9. Avoid intensive exercise before bedtime.
- During exercise, many hormones are secreted in our body (Dopamine, adrenaline, endorphins, and endocannabinoid) those hormone helps out body in feeling, happy, confident, capable, and alert. hence avoid exercise before 2-3 hours of bedtime.
- Researchers also say that moderate exercise at night can help you in good sleep( nearly 30-40 minutes).
- Some of the gym exercises can make your body tired and feel sleepy, exercises such as tricep curls, squats, lunges, calf raise, body stretches, and situps.
Also Read: 🏋️Weight loss tips all in one.👍
10. Best foods for proper sleep.
Some of the best foods that should be eaten at night for increasing the quality of sleep.those food shells in boosting, stimulation, and secretion of the hormone melatonin. Let’s start
- Nuts: almonds, walnuts( great source of melatonin).
- Fruits: Banana, kiwi, cherry, oranges, pineapples.
- Dark chocolate.
- Fish and boiled eggs.
- White rice.
- Herbal tea.
11. Few tips from Health.CaRe:
- Using any electronic gadget(mobile, tablets, tv, laptop, etc.) before going to sleep.
- Drinking large amounts of fluids.
- Eating unwanted/unhealthy foods before going to sleep ( snacks, salty, spices,.etc )
- Overthinking while lying on the bed before going to sleep.
- Massaging your hair can improve your sleep quality💆.
- Sleeping naked has its own benefits along with sleep quality.
- Read some books or listen to soft music this may help you in inducing sleep.
🤓If this post provide you a relevant answer for your question than please comment😍.