Acidity: 6 Best Home Remedies, Good foods and bad foods, Long term acidity causes?
Hi friends, As acidity is most commonly seen in every individual or any age-group person in India. As in India, more variety of spices are used in cooking but not only spices cause acidity there are many factors that can induce acidity such as lack of exercise, sedentary lifestyle, etc. In simple language it means an increase in acid level in the stomach, hence this acidity only can be reduced can’t be cured permanently. Here in this post, I will tell you the causes, symptoms, long-term effects on the body, good and bad food, and most important Home remedies.
Acidity means it is a burning sensation produced in the esophagus due to an overflow of acid from the stomach or caused due to improper working of the esophagus sphincter.
-As our stomach contains gastric gland which secreted acid i.e HCL which helps in digestion of foods and killing unnecessary germs. Acidity occurs when an excessive amount of acid is produced by our gastric gland in the stomach leading to a burning sensation in the lowers chest region.
-It mainly occurs in the person who have poor llifestyle.
-In severe condition surgeries, vagotomy mighty be prescribed by a doctor for reducing the production of stomach acid if any medicines are not working.
Symptoms of acidity:
- Bad breath.
- Sore throat.*
- Burning sensation in the chest. (heartburn)*
- Painful/trouble during swallowing.
- sometimes hair-fall.
- Gas problems.*
Also Read: 10 Ways to Improve Digestion.
Long term acidity can cause :
- Weak bones.
- Dental problems.*
- Skin problems.
- Mucus production.*
- Muscle pain.
- In severe cases, an ulcer may produce.*
- Excessive drinking of alcohol.*
- Eating excessive spicy, oily, and Non-vegetarian food.*
- Overweight/obese person.
- Women near to menopause.
- Pregnant women.*
- People suffering from diabetes, asthma, blood pressure, etc.
- Stress and anxiety person.*
- A person who eat larger meals.*
- Irregular food timings.
- People who take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Also Read: Want to lose weight than watchout.
Good foods, and bad foods for acidity:
1. Good foods :
- Elachi and fennels.*
- Coconut water.
- Bananas, apples, and papaya.*
- Green vegetables.*
- Icecream, curd, buttermilk, Desi ghee.*
- Tulsi leaves, ginger, and Tumeric.*
2. Bad foods :
- High intake of caffeine( tea, coffee, and cold drinks.)*
- Processed foods and grains.
- Spicy and junk/fast foods.
- Tomatoes and onions.*
- Mint and peppermint.
- Non-vegetarian foods.*
- Artificial sugar.
- citrus fruits.
- smoking and alcohol.*
Top 6 Home remedies :
- Baking soda( Drink 1 cup of water mixed with 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda.)*
- Ginger tea ( boil 2 cups of water with 2 cm of the ginger piece.)
- Lukewarm water ( Have it twice a day morning and night you may add honey for more benefits but no lemon.)*
- Fennel/Saunf tea ( Boil a glass of water with 1-2 tablespoon of fennel in it.)
- Cloves ( Eat 1 cloves helps to cure acidity along with its symptoms.)
- Juices ( watermelon juice, pineapple juice, carrot juice, and amla juice.)
Some tips by Health.CaRe:
- Increase saliva secretion that can help you in reducing esophagus acid/heartburn ( By eating fennels, chew gum, etc..)
- Try to avoid sleep on your right side. ( sleeping towards your right side may increase risks of acid leakage in the esophagus causing intense heartburn.
- Increase probiotic foods.
- Avoid cold water drinking after a meal.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and smoking.
- Reduce stress and anxiety. (The best way is yoga and meditation.)
- Proper sleep.
- Healthy diet. ( Avoid spicy, salty, acidic, and junk food.)
- Antacids can provide instant response against acidity, but frequently or daily taking antacids may increase or cause long-term acidity.
How can I get immediate relief from acidity?
For instant relief you may try anyone of the home remedy given, you may use any antacids like Eno(best for instant relief), some tablets like omeprazole(omee), Pantoprazole, Rantac etc…
Can stress cause acidity?
According to experts, it is said that stress stimulates the pain receptors which make you more sensitive simultaneously it increases acid secretion, and also stress increases the secretion of prostaglandins. Hence yes stress can increase acidity.
Does vomiting is good during acidity, why it gives relief?
Yes, vomiting gives you relief as it lowers the acid present in your stomach, but it is not the right way.
As our esophagus is not made for acidic conditions, vomiting brings acid into the esophagus and mouth which may lead to esophageal cancer, damage to internal linning of tissue, or cause an ulcer, and in the mouth, it may cause dental problems, affect the salivary gland and taste cells.
What is the best yoga poses for acidity cure?
I will make a post on this with detailed knowledge on particular yoga poses, till then below there are some best yoga poses.
1. Child’s pose / Balasana.
2. Cat pose / Marjariasana.
3. Butterfly pose / Supta badhakonasana.
4. Warrior pose / Virabhadrasana.
5. Dog pose / Adho mukha svanasana.
6. Thunder bolt pose / vajrasana.