Common Cold: 5 best home remedies, along with tips, common cold or corona?
”Common cold is a viral infection caused due to more than 200 types of rhinoviruses.”
The common cold is the most frequently occurring infectious disease in the world affecting humans on average adults may be affected 2 to 3 times a year, while children may affect more than 7 times depending on their immune system response.
-As common cold is a viral infection it primarily affects the upper respiratory tract and nose it can also affect the throat, sinuses, and larynx.
-It is a contagious disease. (means it can be spread from one person to another person usually by sneezing or through coughing in the form of droplets).
-Mainly common cold lasts for 2 to 3 days sometimes more than a week it totally depends on once the immune system.
Prevention /Stop spreading common cold :(If you are infected)
- Wash your hands regularly, particularly before touching your nose or mouth and before handling foods.
- Always sneeze or cough into tissue paper/handkerchief this helps to prevent droplets that may infect other peoples.
- Don’t share towels, plates, clothes, and other things that are mainly in contact with you/infected person.
- Avoid close contact with another person who is not infected or use a mask.
Symptoms of the common cold:
- Runny or stuffy nose.
- Low-grade fever.
- Sore throat.
- Fatigue or tiredness.
- Difficult in breathing.
- Body aches.
- Loss of smell or taste.
- Hoarse voice.
- Taking a lot of fluids. (Intake of fluids increase or liquefy mucus.)
- Getting rest. ( Boost immune.)
- Blow your nose ( clean mucus or watery fluid present in your nose.)
- Steam inhalations.
- Drink hot stuff. (tea, chicken soup, coffee, warm water…….)
- Hot shower.
- Salty warm water gargle.
- Warm milk with turmeric powder.
- Warm water with lemon and honey. (boost immune system).
- Add 1 glass of water with ginger,1/2 teaspoon turmeric, crushed black pepper,7-8 leaves of tulsi, and boil it.(drink it daily in the morning) for taste, you may also add honey to it.
- Add tulsi leaves, jaggery, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder, inch ginger piece, 2-3 leaves of mint, 1 teaspoon lemon juice in water and boil it. (have it twice a day in a cup)
- Warm water with ginger and lemon juice. (anti-inflammatory).
- No cure exists for the common cold. The common cold will resolve with time on its own.
- Home remedies and medical treatments can just help you in relieving the symptoms associated with the common cold.
- Taking painkillers such as paracetamol/ibuprofen to help with headaches, temperature, and sore throat.
- Using decongestant sprays to relieve a blocked nose.
Which one do I have a common cold or coronavirus?
- Sore throat and cough are common, especially during the winter. but how will you know that it is cold or coronavirus?
- If your temperature is more than 37.5 degrees centigrade you should get a covid test one of the main symptoms of coronavirus is a fever. Mainly if you have a cold then fever is rarer. Till the covid test comes you should be self–isolated.
some other symptoms of coronavirus are: –Loss of taste and smell.
-Continuous cough periodically.
-Shortness of breath
Why are colds increase or worse at night?
Firstly, the cold does not increase at night, the symptoms are effectively seen in the night. because from morning to night the cortisol level present in our blood goes on decreasing at midnight it is lowest. As cortisol inhibits the secretion of histamine, this histamine helps in increasing the production of white blood cells. In response to the decrease in the level of cortisol, there is an increase in the secretion of white blood cells and those wbcs fight against the pathogens of cold due to which the symptoms are seen effectively in our body at night time.
Does blowing your nose help in cure cold?
Yes, blowing your runny nose is a good idea, but simultaneously blowing your nose may cause headache, ear pain, redness in the eye. Instead of sniffling mucus back into your head blowing your nose is good. Try to increase taking a lot of fluids (Intake of fluids increase or liquefy mucus.) this may help you in blowing your nose. But do it in the correct way one nostril once.