Effective ways to increase memory power| Foods| Excercise| 2021.
Brain, the most important organ of our body which store and operate a lot of function.
Fact: Studies suggest that our brain can store data up to 2.6 petabytes(1 PB = nearly 1 million GB.)
Is your, memory weak? However, when we are unable to remember a simple paragraph, forget the name, misplace things, this totally indicates we have a weak memory. It does not mean that you are a dum. weaker memory depends on different types of factors.
Why is my Memory weak? There are many reasons that can reduce memory power. here are some –, it can be genetical, Situations-based, , , , some diseases like Alzheimer’s, dementia, amnesia and many more.
But the main question that arises is can we boost our memory? Scientist says Yes. there are plenty of ways that can help you in improving your memory power.
Effective Ways To Increase Memory Power:
🍽️Foods for increasing memory power.🍽️
Our brain nearly uses 20% of body energy, hence deficiency of energy can lead to confused thinking. For increasing memory power we require the nutrients such as vitamin(B, E & D), Omega-3-fatty acid, antioxidants, magnesium, calcium, folate, and choline.
Those nutrients help in the formation of the neurotransmitter which helps in forming and repairing of brain cells helps in reducing cellular stress and inflammation.
Also Read: Detoxification of body.
- Dark chocolate:
- Dark chocolate is rich in the content flavonoids, and caffeine.
- Flavonoids are strong antioxidants that help in improving blood flow, reducing inflammation, protect our never cells, and suppress neuroinflammation.
- Caffeine helps in increasing concentration and alertness, improves mood, and reduces depression.
- Some other foods rich in flavonoids content are tea, onion, wine, leafy vegetables, etc.
2. Herbs & Spices:
- Herbs & Spices have a large number of health benefits.
- Many spices and herbs are known to promote brain power, improve memory and focus, and helps in the protection of brain cells.
- Bests herbs and spices are Turmeric, Cinnamon, Sage, Ginkgo biloba, and Ashwagandha.
3. Fish ( Rich in Omega-3-fatty acids):
- Fish is rich in the content of omega-3-fatty acids. The most essential thing required for brain growth, as 50% of fats in the brain is formed from omega-3-fatty acids.
- This fat helps in the formation of nerve cells. bests fishes are Bangda, tuna, and salmon.
- Omega-3-fatty acids help in reducing stress and depression, improving mood, increasing memory power and concentration.
4. Vitamin D ( Sunbath):
- Vitamin D helps in protecting neurons, helps in activating and deactivating enzymes in the brain, helps in calcium homeostasis, and reduces inflammation.
- Sources of vitamin D are sunlight exposure, cod liver oil, salmon fish, red meat, eggs, cow and soy milk, oatmeal, etc.
5. Nuts & seeds:
- Nuts and seeds are rich in content omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E, zinc, protein, and antioxidants.
- These help in boosting and sharpening your memory, protects cells from oxidative stress, prevent neurodegenerative diseases.
- Some of the bests are almonds, walnuts, peanuts, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds and, pumpkin seeds.
6. Green vegetables:
- Green vegetables are rich in nutrients such as vitamins(K, C, B &, E), antioxidants, folate, lutein, and beta carotene.
- Most of people don’t like green vegetables but trust us among those other foods the best ones is this. (Recommended)
- Bests green vegetables are kale, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Spinach, and Collards.
7. Whole grains:
- Whole grains are also known as an energy booster as it contains a large number of carbohydrates. That energy helps our brain in keeping us alert and focused.
- Whole grains are also rich in the content of vitamin E which helps in maintaining the overall health of the brain.
- Bests whole-grain foods are wheat, bajra, brown rice, oatmeal, barley, millet, and maize.
- Milk has a lot of health benefits as it consists of calcium, vitamin B&D, iodine, choline, some amino acids.
- The presence of choline helps in the formation of neurotransmitters which helps in brain functioning.
- Milk also contains different types of proteins, the important one is tyrosine which stimulates the brain to manufacture norepinephrine and dopamine, which are chemical messengers.
9. Green Green Tea:
- Some important Nutrients present in Green tea for brain-boosting are Vitamin B&C, amino-acid ( theanine), caffeine, beta-carotene, and antioxidants.
- According to scientists Green tea is one of the healthiest beverages on the planet. It helps in improving brain function, making us smarter, alert, focused, etc.
- L-theanine helps in increasing the production of neurotransmitters such as dopamine, serotonin, and GABA which helps in causing an antidepressant effect and helps in increasing concentration.
- Green tea consists of polyphenols and a powerful antioxidant i.e beta-carotene which helps to protect the brain against mental decline and helps in reducing the chances of brain disease.
Also Read: Tea vs coffee which has more benefits ?
- Bests fruits all types of Berries(blueberries, raspberries, strawberries), Avocados, Grapes, pomegranate, Cherry, Banana, Oranges, and cherry.
- Above given fruits are the bests fruits rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and energy. (Mainly avocados and berries.)
- Those fruits help in improving brain health by providing necessary nutrients, increasing blood flow, reducing inflammation, helps in avoiding age-related diseases.
Read in detail: Banana and banana tree benefits.
🧠Brain exercise for increasing memory power.🏋️
As we perform body workout to stay fit and healthy, similar a brain exercise helps our brain to stay fit and healthy. Exercising the brain to improve memory, focus, or daily functionality is a top priority for many people especially for students.
Physical exercise also has a greater effect in improving and maintains brain health. Any form of exercise that increases your heart rate, which helps in getting blood flow towards your brain, thus keeping your memory sharp.
Exercise also helps in the secretion of neurotransmitters which help in increasing concentration, alertness, and antidepressant. But overall exercise has a most profound effect on learning.
Research says that we can improve our mind power, and for this, there are many ways. Here are 14 different ways for increasing your brainpower.
- Perform High-intensity aerobic exercise.
- Try to improve your vocabulary.
- Improve your calculating speed.
- Plays a variety of games. (outdoor and indoor)
- Meditation one of the best ways.
- Improve your visualization.
- Use Your Non-Dominant Hand for performing functions.
- Try to do challenging things.
- Develop skills and try to teach someone else. ( Be master in it)
- Stay motivated and stay away from a negative person.
- Try to use your logic and try to question it.
- Listen to music.
- Socialize. (Meet and spend time with people and learn something new)
- Always be Happy.
- Most important always be active.
Also Read: 11 ways for having a proper sleep.
Q1. What are the worst foods for memory?
1. High intake of sugary food and artificial sweeteners.
2. Red meat.
3. Fried foods.
5. High consumption of alcohol.
8. Packed foods.
9. Foods High in Trans Fats.
10.Refined carbs or simple carbohydrates. ( common flour, white bread, white flour, etc.)
Q2. Which yoga poses can improve memory power?
1. Standing forward bend pose ( Padahastasana).
2. Shoulder stand pose ( Sarvangasana).
3. Crane pose ( Bakasana).
4. Lotus pose ( Padmasana).
5. Plow Pose ( Halasana).
6. Tree Stand Pose ( Vriksasana).
Q3. What is brain fog?
Brain fog is a medical condition that affects your ability to think.
Mainly this condition arises when your body and mind are tired for a long time.
Symptoms: lack a sharp focus, weaker thinking power, confused mind.
Home Remedies: Have proper sleep, avoid stress, exercise, meditate, Avoid smoking, drinking, and caffeine-rich food intake.
Q4. What are some diseases that cause memory loss?
1. Alzheimer’s disease.
2. Fronto-temporal dementia.
3. Lewy body dementia.
4. Progressive supranuclear palsy.
5. Vascular dementia.
6. Mad cow disease