Tea vs coffee caffeine: Which is better tea or coffee?|2021.
Globally coffee and tea consumption is increasing day by day, nearly 10 billion ltr of coffee intake and 31 billion ltr of tea intake is increased in recent years.
-These two beverages mainly served hot, coffee can be served cold but both beverages contain caffeine and both have several claimed health benefits.
-They differ in caffeine level, antioxidants, and the culture by which they are made or found. As tea and coffee both are addictive morning stimulants for many peoples.
-They both have some benefits and drawbacks.
-Tea and coffee both are highly acidic.
-Tea or coffee is best if it is consumed after 30 minutes of breakfast, lunch, meal.
-Tea is originated in china as a medicinal drink, now it is world widely use as a freshness drink.
-Tea mainly contain tannin(discoloration of tea) and nearly 25-48 mg of caffeine i.e nearly 3 cup of tea is equal to 1cup of coffee.
-Tea is prepared by boiling water over fresh leaves of camellia sinesis or tea leaves, some may use it with milk, sugar( honey, jaggery, molasses, simple syrup, and artificial sugar), lemon.
–Types of tea: (black tea, herbal tea, green tea, white tea, early tea, olong tea, roobios tea, arjun tea, assam and darjeeling tea…..).
Is is good to drink tea everyday?
- Rich in antioxidants.
- Makes bones stronger/ Reduces bone fractures.
- Reduced risks of diabetes mellitus…
- Tea ir rich in EGCG. (Epigallocatechin gallate)
- Teeth become stronger.
- Reduced risk of heart attack and reduction in coronary diseases.
- Prevention from cancerous cells. ( presence of polyphenyl and rich in antioxidants.)
- Helps in weight loss… ( increases metabolism in the body, helps in calories burn if used without sugar and milk).
- Lowers rate of depression.
- Eliminates free radicals in the body.
- Decrease stress level and lowers mood swings.
- Avoids drowsiness or sleepiness.
Effects of tea : (More than 5 cups.)
- Digestive issues ( strong tea can upset the stomach especially mainly if the tea drinker has digestive problems such as ulcers or acid reflux).
- Reduce sleep.
- Anxiety disorders. (you can experience jitteriness, headaches, and upset.)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Increase in obesity...( due to the presence of sugar).
- May cause acidity...
- Prevents the absorption of iron in the body making it vulnerable to anemia.
-Coffee was discovered in Ethiopia.(East Africa)
-Main content of coffee is caffeine nearly 63-126mg.
-Roasted coffee beans powder is added in cold water /hot water as required if required the addition of milk and sugar.
–Types of coffee: (flat white coffee, Turkish coffee, latte, cappuccino, americano, espresso, doppio, Caffe mocha, risotto….).
Benefits of coffee:
- Help reduce of risks of prostate and colon cancer.
- Type 2 diabetes…
- Alzheimer’s disease.
- Boosts energy level.
- Reduces depression.
- Prevent gout.
- Beneficial for the liver.
- Enhances long-term memories.
- Helps in the cleaning of the stomach.
Effects of coffee:
- Digestive issues. ( generally because coffee causes an increase in stomach acid. Heartburn, indigestion…)
- High blood pressure…. ( caffeine blocks a hormone that helps keep your arteries widened).
- Muscle breakdown. (Excessive intake of coffee beverages may cause the muscle in rearer cases to cause rhabdomyolysis.)
- Rapid heart rate. (As it increases blood pressure simultaneously it is a nervous activity that may lead to a heart attack.)
- Anxiety. (as caffeine stimulates fight or flight response it leads to anxiety.)
- Increase cortisol. (increase heart rate and blood pressure and also responsible to increase belly fat.
- Stimulation of urination.
- Accelerate bone loss in postmenopausal women.
Best time to consume tea/ coffee:
- Tea or coffee is best if it is consumed after 30 minutes of breakfast, lunch, meal.
- Down with fever.
- Runny nose.
- Extreme oily skin.
- Cold and cough.
- Before exercise. (boost performance)
- For people who have night jobs for avoiding sleep.
By seeing/ comparing the benefits and side effects, you may judge which is a good one. But according to me, tea has less side effects than coffee (as tea has less caffeine content) if we compare tannin with caffeine than, caffeine is more harmful to the body.
Hence winner is TEA.